An Occupational Therapist has the ability to assess a person with decreased level of function or who maybe struggling physically and/or cognitively in their home environment.
- Do you feel you are struggling at home with day to day tasks?
- Do you feel more anxious about falling?
- Have you lost your confidence in carrying out day to day activities?
- Are you a carer who feels they need more support?
- Have you seen your GP within the last month?
If you answered yes, then Occupational Therapy maybe the service for you. This service can help you maintain your independence at home through assessment and advice. Assessments can be completed over the phone or at the surgery with a follow up home visit if required.
Ask your GP or practice receptionist for advice about this service
Who can access the service:
- People 65 years and above
- In need of equipment and aids
- At risk of carer break down
- Decline in memory
- Risk and fear of falls
- Starting to struggle at home
- Withdrawing from normal activities
Named OT: Joanne Robinson