OnLine Services (including Terms and Conditions)
Patients over the age of 16 are able to use our online service facilities as follows:
- Booking and cancelling GP appointments
- Requesting repeat prescriptions
- Viewing parts of your medical record
How do I obtain log on details?
1. You can register in the practice on a face to face basis**
** Patients will need to personally present themselves in the practice with primary photographic identification such as passport or UK driving licence. Log in details will be given out once the identification check has been completed. You will need to complete Online Access to Medical Record Form and bring it with you to the practice.
My log in details do not seem to work?
Request a pin/password reminder on-line or visit the practice personally and new log in details will be issued to you
I do not seem to understand how to use the online facilities?
Please contact the practice and make an appointment with a receptionist for training/assistance.
Online Terms and Conditions
Patients can use the on-line access service for ordering prescriptions, booking appointments (and on line cancelling) and also to view detailed coded medical records subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Applications will be considered for patients who are 16 and over
- Applications are one per patient
- Applications to enable a patient to access their detailed coded records are subject to approval by the registered GP before processing
- Acceptance of one member of a family does not imply acceptance of other / further family members
- Passwords will only be released directly to the patient and not a third party/parent. However where a correctly signed proxy authority is held and acceptable identification has been provided the password will be released to the named proxy on a face to face basis
- Patients must make sure they keep their log on details and password safe and secure. Patients must let us know as soon as possible if these details are lost, stolen or inadvertently become known to someone else
- Where an application is refused the details for refusal will be advised to the patient and noted in the patient record
- Patients with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments will not normally be granted access to on-line appointment booking/prescription ordering. However the remainder of the facilities will be considered
- On-line appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined that it is no longer required
- The practice will not allow misuse of the on-line system. Usage will be monitored and if it is felt that the system is being misused a warning letter will be sent to the patient. Where the situation does not improve or reoccurs access will be removed permanently and without further notice at the discretion of the partners
- Repeat prescriptions may only be ordered where these appear on the repeat list, which is provided to patients on the tear-off portion of the last prescription issued. The request must match the repeat list exactly and must be due. Other items ordered or requested using this system will not be actioned, and no contact will be made with the patient. Prescriptions ordered outside this guideline must be actioned outside of the on-line system
- Each person using the on-line facility will need their own individual email address
- Personal information updating is subject to validation after submission. Patients moving outside the practice area will be removed from the practice list
- Once you have logged into the on-line services do not leave your computer unattended and ensure you log out completely once you have finished
- If you access the on-line services via a mobile device do not let another person use your mobile device. You are responsible for making sure information either shown or stored on your mobile device is kept secure
- The contents of the patient leaflet entitled ‘Accessing GP records Online’ has been read and fully understood by the applicant and the acceptance is confirmed by first use of the on line system (See App 4)
- The terms and conditions for on-line access are available on the website www.broomfieldparkmedicalcentre.co.uk
- There may be something you have forgotten about in your record that you might find upsetting
- You may view test results in your record. Results marked as abnormal may be normal for you: alternatively test results marked normal may need further investigation. You may find test results upsetting, particularly where you have not spoken to your doctor or while the practice is closed
- It is up to you whether or not you share your information with others eg a consultant or family member. It is your choice, but also your responsibility to keep the information safe and secure
- If you feel you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against you will, it is best that you do not register for access at this time
- Your medical record is designed to be used by clinical professionals to ensure that you receive the best possible care. Some of the information within your medical record may be highly technical, written by specialists and not easily understood. If you require further clarification, please contact the practice for a clearer explanation
- If you spot something in the record that is not about you or notice any other errors, please log out of the system immediately and contact the practice as soon as possible